Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Chris <cp...@visi.com> on 2013/05/15 12:47:13 UTC

apr-iconv 1.2.1, no bindir?

Hi,
if I build apr-iconv and specify a custom location for the apriconv tool using the --bindir parameter during the configuration phase, it's not respected, so apriconv ends up somewhere else during the install.  The install location appears to be $exec_prefix, which looks like it is set up as $prefix/bin.  Is that right?  I thought exec_prefix was by default identical to prefix?

At the same time, the iconv libraries are installed in $prefix/lib, even if I have a custom libdir path set.

If I wanted to get this working, would it be safe to just patch the Makefile.in with the correct parameters?

--
Chris