Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@robweir.com> on 2015/11/24 16:43:49 UTC

Updated download stats

I've updated and run the download scripts for the 4.1.2 release and
put the updated data on our download stats page:

http://www.openoffice.org/stats/downloads.html

(You might need to force a browser cache update to get the latest data
file to load)

It shows a strong response to the 4.1.2 release, with daily downloads
jumping up to over 170,000 on the peak day (November 9th).   The total
download count (for all AOO releases) is now at 160,562,857.

Downloads now exceed the population of Bangladesh.  If AOO was a
country, we'd be the #8 most populous in the world.  Watch out,
Nigeria!

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Updated download stats

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@robweir.com>.
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Matthias Seidel
<ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
> Thank you for updating the data!
>
> Looking at the curve for total downloads it seems it is cut off at
> 160,000,000. It looks like a flat line?

That's just the nature of the scale, that it shows all downloads from
0 to 160,000,000+.  Since any given day has 150,000 or so downloads,
the slope will be very shallow against the 160M figure.   That's less
than a pixel/day, yes?  So on some days it will indeed be flat.

In any case, the CSV file for the raw data is linked to on that page,
so anyone is free to find other (and perhaps better) was to visualize
it.

-Rob

Re: Updated download stats

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Re: Updated download stats

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 11/24/2015 07:43 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> I've updated and run the download scripts for the 4.1.2 release and
> put the updated data on our download stats page:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/downloads.html
>
> (You might need to force a browser cache update to get the latest data
> file to load)
>
> It shows a strong response to the 4.1.2 release, with daily downloads
> jumping up to over 170,000 on the peak day (November 9th).   The total
> download count (for all AOO releases) is now at 160,562,857.
>
> Downloads now exceed the population of Bangladesh.  If AOO was a
> country, we'd be the #8 most populous in the world.  Watch out,
> Nigeria!
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Thanks for this Rob. I took a look at the stats from SF last week
and did notice they had updated their information and had AOO at
about 925,000 downloads per week. So WOO! HOO! Yep,a strong showing
for 4.1.2.

MzK

"Somebody's gotta win, somebody's gotta lose.
 Just don't fight about it.
 Just try to get better."
                       -- Yogi Berra