Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2005/11/30 03:00:21 UTC

Re: [m2] release plugin problems (solved)

Just to follow up on my own problem. For me, the correct URL was

mvn release:prepare -Dproject.scm.developerConnection=scm:svn:http://
username@apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt/trunk -DtagBase=http://
username@apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt/tags

After that, making sure all my poms were original, and that the
release.properties had been removed before doing the release worked
fine.

Hope that helps someone else,

On 28-Nov-05, at 6:35 PM, Julian Wood wrote:

> I'm trying to do a release. I have a fully synched remote svn
> repository, and a multimodule project. From the parent pom
> directory, I have run, among many others,
>
> mvn release:prepare -
> Dproject.scm.developerConnection=scm:svn:file:///Users/woodj/
> Documents/pmgt/pmgt/trunk -DtagBase=file:///Users/woodj/Documents/
> pmgt/pmgt/tags
>
> mvn release:prepare -
> Dproject.scm.developerConnection=scm:svn:http://apollo.ucalgary.ca:
> 8800/pmgt/trunk -DtagBase=http://apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt/tags
>
> mvn release:prepare -
> Dproject.scm.developerConnection=scm:svn:http://
> username:password@apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt/trunk -
> DtagBase=http://username:password@apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt/tags
>
> They all result in the same error:
>
> [INFO] Verifying there are no local modifications ...
> [INFO]
> ------
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> ------
> [INFO] Can't load the scm provider.
>
> Embedded error: The scm url is invalid.
>
> I have no scm info in my pom. The svn repository does require a
> username and password to use, but I'm not sure where it should go,
> or if mvn can garner enough info just by looking in the .svn
> directory of my working repository (ie only needs to use the file
> based URL).
>
> I'm using maven 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT and maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-4-
> SNAPSHOT (from svn).
>
> What am I doing wrong?

> Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>
>
> Programmer/Analyst