Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/22 01:51:53 UTC

T5 Trouble editing component parameter with beaneditform

I have a component that needs to edit an object passed in as a
parameter.  Right now, the component does so by calling beaneditform
on that parameter object.  In this configuration I get the error
below.  Interestingly if I set a breakpoint just before return in the
get method for the object passed in as a parameter, the parameter
appears to be null.  If, from the getXXX method, I simply do "return
new CreditCardInfo()," it works.

error info:

org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException
Unable to lookup class
com.crimsonata.billing.entities.CreditCardInfo$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4fc9dc60:
com.crimsonata.billing.entities.CreditCardInfo$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4fc9dc60

Here's some stack trace:

javassist.NotFoundException
com.crimsonata.billing.entities.CreditCardInfo$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4fc9dc60

Stack trace

        * javassist.ClassPool.get(ClassPool.java:417)
        * org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.services.CtClassSource.getCtClass(CtClassSource.java:65)
        * org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.services.ClassFactoryImpl.getMethodLocation(ClassFactoryImpl.java:130)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.TapestryInternalUtils.orderProperties(TapestryInternalUtils.java:394)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.BeanModelSourceImpl.create(BeanModelSourceImpl.java:102)
        * org.apache.tapestry.corelib.components.BeanEditForm.onPrepareFromForm(BeanEditForm.java:253)
        * org.apache.tapestry.corelib.components.BeanEditForm.handleComponentEvent(BeanEditForm.java)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.handleEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:885)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.triggerEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:998)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.InternalComponentResourcesImpl.triggerEvent(InternalComponentResourcesImpl.java:147)
        * org.apache.tapestry.corelib.components.Form.beginRender(Form.java:227)
        * org.apache.tapestry.corelib.components.Form.beginRender(Form.java)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl$10$1.run(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:345)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.invoke(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:931)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.access$100(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:69)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl$10.render(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:349)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.RenderQueueImpl.run(RenderQueueImpl.java:57)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PageMarkupRendererImpl.renderPageMarkup(PageMarkupRendererImpl.java:40)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PageResponseRendererImpl.renderPageResponse(PageResponseRendererImpl.java:45)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PageRenderDispatcher$1.renderPage(PageRenderDispatcher.java:82)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PageLinkHandlerImpl.handle(PageLinkHandlerImpl.java:89)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PageLinkHandlerImpl.handle(PageLinkHandlerImpl.java:49)
        * org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PageRenderDispatcher.dispatch(PageRenderDispatcher.java:91)
        * org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule$12.service(TapestryModule.java:1061)
        * com.crimsonata.billing.services.AppModule$1.service(AppModule.java:64)

Re: T5 Trouble editing component parameter with beaneditform

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
These are beaneditforms editing credit card info, etc.  I'll change my
builder methods to re-insert the tap-hibernate form of the DAOs (yay,
tap-ioc!).

Bill

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks appreciated!

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
... and I'm uploading new snapshots right now.

On 6/21/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't add another bug; I've checked in a change under TAPESTRY-1423.
>
> On 6/21/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ooh.  I think I see what's happening ... I may need to re-work the fix
> > a little.  I fixed in in terms of the PropertyBindingFactory, but not
> > as used here, to order properties for the BeanModel.  Please add a
> > bug!
> >

> > On 6/21/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Interesting!  I thought the bug was fixed.  It's supposed to be
> > > working its way up the class hierarchy until it gets to a class it
> > > knows about.  I wonder what's up?

> > > --
> > > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> > >
> > > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com
> > >

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com
> >

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.
> Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> Creator, Apache HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Don't add another bug; I've checked in a change under TAPESTRY-1423.

On 6/21/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ooh.  I think I see what's happening ... I may need to re-work the fix
> a little.  I fixed in in terms of the PropertyBindingFactory, but not
> as used here, to order properties for the BeanModel.  Please add a
> bug!
>

> On 6/21/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interesting!  I thought the bug was fixed.  It's supposed to be
> > working its way up the class hierarchy until it gets to a class it
> > knows about.  I wonder what's up?
> >
> > On 6/21/07, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Should have included this.  This is from my Eclipse console upon
> > > closing/re-opening the project:
> > >
> > > 6/21/07 7:30:28 PM CDT: [DEBUG] tapestry-core: resolved to version
> > > 5.0.5-20070616.164652-6 from repository tapestry-snapshots
> > >
> > > Bill

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com
> >

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.
> Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> Creator, Apache HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Ooh.  I think I see what's happening ... I may need to re-work the fix
a little.  I fixed in in terms of the PropertyBindingFactory, but not
as used here, to order properties for the BeanModel.  Please add a
bug!

On 6/21/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting!  I thought the bug was fixed.  It's supposed to be
> working its way up the class hierarchy until it gets to a class it
> knows about.  I wonder what's up?
>
> On 6/21/07, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Should have included this.  This is from my Eclipse console upon
> > closing/re-opening the project:
> >
> > 6/21/07 7:30:28 PM CDT: [DEBUG] tapestry-core: resolved to version
> > 5.0.5-20070616.164652-6 from repository tapestry-snapshots
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > On 6/21/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This is a known bug in 5.0.4 that should be fixed in the
> > > 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT.  It relates to some classloader issues caused by the
> > > mix of Tapestry, Javassist, Hibernate, and CGLIB.

> > > --
> > > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> > >
> > > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.
> Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> Creator, Apache HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
Eeek.  I'm in 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT:

<properties>
    <tapestry-release-version>5.0.5-SNAPSHOT</tapestry-release-version>
</properties>

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.