Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Leon Bottou <le...@research.att.com> on 2002/01/18 16:49:38 UTC

mod_mime/9529: Please add support for mime type "image/vnd.djvu"

>Number:         9529
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       Please add support for mime type "image/vnd.djvu"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Mime type "image/vnd.djvu" has been registered with IANA
and should eventually appear in their ftp site.
( no idea on the time frame )

See also:
- bug report #4846.
- <http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2001-December/000015.html>
- attached email from IANA confirming the registration.

Thank you.
 - Leon Bottou

From: "IANA" <ia...@icann.org>
To: <le...@research.att.com>
Dear Leon,
We have registered the following MIME Media Type with
you as the point of contact:
image/vnd.djvu   [Bottou]
Leon Bottou, <le...@research.att.com> , January 2002.
Please notify the IANA if there is a change in contact
information.
Thank you,
Michelle Cotton
IANA Administrator
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, California 90292
Voice: (310) 823-9358
FAX:   (310) 823-8649
email: iana@iana.org
>How-To-Repeat:

Page <http://www.djvuzone.org/links/index.html>
contains links to several sites using DjVu.
About 50% of them  do not serve the data with
the proper mime type.  Many web site authors only check
with MSIE and do not realize the problem since MSIE rely
mostly on the file extensions instead of the mime type.

We address the problem by registering a vnd mime type,
including support for this new mime type in the
djvulibre plugins, lobbying Lizardtech to do the same
in their commercial plugins, and asking the apache
group to include this mime type into your future
distributions.
>Fix:
Add the following line to   conf/mime.types :

image/vnd.djvu		djvu djv
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]