Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by shahbaz chaudhary <c_...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/19 15:14:50 UTC

help for new developers

Someone recently requested design documents...something more developer
oriented than what is under "Manuals' and something more indepth than the
recent presentations and Apache and Colorado Software summits.
I would also like to make a suggestion.  As developers with greater exposure
to derby/cloudescape source code develop new functions, perhaps they could
also do a descriptive write-up of what they change, what they had to keep in
mind, etc.
I, myself, would eventually like to experiment with some CUBE/ROLLUP
functionality...but traversing the code is not trivial.

Perhaps example implementations of relitively simple things like:
1. HAVING clause
2. distinct aggregates
3. some storage/access/io level examples such as the ability to read a text
file with arbitray delimiters

Look foward to it!

(by the way, is there a way to receive a single digest of messages a day?
Otherwise this email list will further fill up my email account.)

Falcon

Re: help for new developers

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
shahbaz chaudhary wrote:

> (by the way, is there a way to receive a single digest of messages a day?

I tried to describe that in the second paragraph on
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_mail.html, but that explanation
I concocted doesn't look quite right, so I'll fix it.

I just sent an empty email to derby-dev-info@db.apache.org. From the
response, it looks like all you need to do is send an empty email to
derby-dev-digest-subscribe@db.apache.org
<ma...@db.apache.org> to get the daily digest.

 -jean