Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lars Fischer <ot...@fast-mail.org> on 2008/09/17 15:13:31 UTC

maven-eclipse-plugin install-plugins and source-jars

Hello,

I use the "maven-eclipse-plugin" with the goal "install-plugins" to
create an eclipse target-platform containing my bundle-dependencies.

Is is also possible to get the sources of these dependencies into this
platform-folder following the same renaming rules like the binary-jars?

regards,
Lars

Re: Including Local Jar Files in Build Classpath

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Michael,

Maybe you should consider a more "Maven way", of installing those libraries
into your local repository by using Maven's install plugin and its
install-file mojo, and then adding them as dependencies in your project's
POM. Check this<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/usage.html>link
on Maven install plugin usage.

Regards,
Stevo.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
store at location used by maven.repo.local
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/jar/properties.html
e.g.
      <localRepository>/path/to/local/repository</localRepository>
      ]]></configuration>
      <description>The ArtifactRepository instance referencing the local artifact
        repository.</description>
      <cliOptions>
        <cliOption>
          <key>-Dmaven.repo.local=/path/to/local/repo</key>
          <value>Override the local repository location on a per-build basis.</value>

or of course pass in as command line parameter ..
HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin install-plugins and source-jars

Posted by Lars Fischer <ot...@fast-mail.org>.
Hello,

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:24:09 +0200, "Lars Fischer"
> > I use the "maven-eclipse-plugin" with the goal "install-plugins" to
> > create an eclipse target-platform containing my bundle-dependencies.
> >
> > Is is also possible to get the sources of these dependencies into
> > this platform-folder following the same renaming rules like the
> > binary-jars?

I tried to integrate a MANIFEST.MF with the needed
"Eclipse-SourceBundle"-
header into the source-jar. But I found no way to do this. The
maven-source-
plugin generates a small new MANIFEST.MF and has no option to configure
an other file for it.

regards,
Lars

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin install-plugins and source-jars

Posted by Lars Fischer <ot...@fast-mail.org>.
Hello,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:13:31 +0200, "Lars Fischer" <ottrich@fast-
mail.org> said:
> I use the "maven-eclipse-plugin" with the goal "install-plugins" to
> create an eclipse target-platform containing my bundle-dependencies.
>
> Is is also possible to get the sources of these dependencies into
> this platform-folder following the same renaming rules like the
> binary-jars?

Am I the only one who needs the sources of the used bundles? Is there a
plan for extending the plugin for such a goal?

regards,
Lars