Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Augustinus <ro...@bbned.nl> on 2002/12/19 12:04:12 UTC

tomcat config problems

Hi,

Just new to the list.. since I have a little problem with my
config. I was trying to install tomcat on my linux box and
setting it up to use a different appBase in my /var/ directory.

I was assuming that :
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/var/tomcat/webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

would do the trick, but this seems to get me in some trouble
as now tomcat will not start. $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out
tells me this :

Exception during startup processing
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:992)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:857)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:176)

looking around in the docs (probably not good enough:-) I couldn't
really figure out how to fix this. Can someone point me in the
right direction?

Rob Augustinus

RE: tomcat config problems

Posted by "Rob A. Augustinus" <de...@siulintao.net>.
Somehow.. Deleting the dirs and starting from scratch solved the prob..
guess I did indeed b0rk something else up.. :-) anyway it's working
now.. And now for rewriting all my php code.. :/ (due yesterday
ofcourse)

Tnx

> Just new to the list.. since I have a little problem with my config. I

> was trying to install tomcat on my linux box and setting it up to use
> a different appBase in my /var/ directory.
>
> I was assuming that :
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/var/tomcat/webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

are you sure that's all you changed? Looks like your classpath is
b0rken.

Maybe you've found a bug? Does making appBase a relative path fix it?
(i.e. does it work if that directory is under $CATLINA_HOME ? )

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: tomcat config problems

Posted by Rasputin <ra...@idoru.mine.nu>.