Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Abhinav Mishra <am...@mdes.ms.gov> on 2006/11/14 19:10:09 UTC

Unregistering a custom node

Hi,

I had created a custom node type and I want to add some more non-mandatory
properties to it. Is it possible?
I have tried the NodeTypeRegistry.unregisterNodeType method for
unregistering  and then re registering the node with new properties. The
error message indicates that this method is not yet implemented.
Please help.

Abhinav

Re: Registering Node Types over RMI

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 11/22/06, Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com> wrote:
> The document iECM Access Control, in proposals is very interesting.
> Is this a proper forum to discuss this document?

Use jsr-283-comments@jcp.org if you have specific comments or
suggestions. If you are more interested, you may want to consider
applying for membership in the JSR 283 expert group where most of the
discussion takes place.

There are many expert group members also on this list, but due to the
JCP rules we are not free to discuss all the details in public.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Registering Node Types over RMI

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.

--
Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>

Re: Registering Node Types over RMI

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Harry Moore <ha...@eyestreet.com>.
Will there be a nodetype management api in JCR 2.0 spec? Does anyone
know the status of the 2.0 spec. and when jackrabbit might implement it?

Thanks,
Harry

--
Harry Moore
Eye Street Software

Re: Registering Node Types over RMI

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 11/22/06, Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com> wrote:
> Daniel Murley wrote:
> > Is it at all possible to register node definitions using the RMI client?
> >
> > I currently have a situation where the application uses RMI to talk to a
> > separate tomcat instance running jackrabbit.  However it doesn't seem to be
> > possible to register node types over the wire/
>
> No, it's not possible to register nodetypes over RMI. This is because the JCR
> spec does not specify how nodetypes are registered and the JCR API does not
> include methods to register nodetypes. Since the RMI interface reflects the JCR
> API 1:1 there is no method to register nodetypes in the RMI interface as well.
> Nodetype registration has to be done locally on your server. Or you have to
> write your own RMI interface to register nodetypes.

There's an improvement request JCR-585 for extending JCR-RMI with some
Jackrabbit-specific features while still maintaining support for other
JCR repositories. The initial goal is to have it done by Jackrabbit
1.2.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Registering Node Types over RMI

Posted by Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>.

RE: Unregistering a custom node

Posted by Abhinav Mishra <am...@mdes.ms.gov>.
Thanks.

> I had created a custom node type and I want to add some more non-mandatory
> properties to it. Is it possible?

trivial node type modifications (i.e. those that do not affect the
consistency of existing content) are currently supported. see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-322.

adding non-mandatory properties are considered trivial changes.
see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/NodeT
ypeDefDiff.html
for more details.

> I have tried the NodeTypeRegistry.unregisterNodeType method for
> unregistering  and then re registering the node with new properties. The
> error message indicates that this method is not yet implemented.
> Please help.

try NodeTypeRegistry.reregisterNodeType(NodeTypeDef) instead of
unregister/register.

cheers
stefan

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.