Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Maffett, Ian" <ia...@intel.com> on 2015/10/01 20:32:20 UTC

Version Manager for Cordova* Software

Today I was able to release a tool Version Manager for Cordova Software (aka cvm).  It’s available on npm and github.  With our switch at Intel to supporting CLI 5.1.1, I had to switch back and forth to test Ant vs Gradle builds of applications.  Inspired by nvm and rvm, I created the tool to help other developers manage multiple versions.

This will install the versions in $HOME/.cvm folder.  There is a special cordova file that intercepts calls and dispatches them to the correct version.  You can always fall back to the default system version if you would like.

npm install –g version-manager-cordova-software

Available Tasks:
       list - list available covdova versions installed
       install [5.1.1] - Install a cordova version
       uninstall [5.1.1] - Uninstall a cordova version
       use [5.1.1] - Switch to a specific version of cordova
       version - Show current version of Cordova
       remote - List available remote versions of cordova to install

The repo is available at https://github.com/mobiletools/version-manager-cordova .  I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Ian

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others

Re: Version Manager for Cordova* Software

Posted by "Maffett, Ian" <ia...@intel.com>.
I¹d love to see how you are using it.

Posted by Parashuram N <pa...@microsoft.com>.