Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Will Droste <WD...@MOMeNTA.COM> on 2002/02/01 19:36:38 UTC

setContentType

OS: W2k
Tomcat: 4.0.1
Java: 1.3.1
Using Tomcat as a standalone HTTP/1.1 server.

Don't know if this is a bug or not..  I do a
setContentType("text/xml;charset=UnicodeLittle") on the response object and
the response headers are returned in UnicodeLittle not ASCII.  I only
expected the body of the request to be UnicodeLittle not the headers and
status line.  To make things more confusing the chunk encoding lines are in
ASCII and not UnicodeLittle.  If the status line is encoding along the
headers I expected the whole response to be encoded.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
Will Droste

Re: setContentType

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Will Droste wrote:

> OS: W2k
> Tomcat: 4.0.1
> Java: 1.3.1
> Using Tomcat as a standalone HTTP/1.1 server.
>
> Don't know if this is a bug or not..  I do a
> setContentType("text/xml;charset=UnicodeLittle") on the response object
> and
> the response headers are returned in UnicodeLittle not ASCII.

I have done the same with response.setContentType("text/xml;charset=Cp037"); all
(headers + content) are returned in EBCDIC. Sounds like a bug.