Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dan Kaplan <dk...@citizenhawk.com> on 2008/02/05 20:33:00 UTC

mounted url bug or request for enhancement

Hello,

I'm testing this sandbox webapp I made that looks like this:

package web;

import org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebApplication;

public class SandboxApplication extends WebApplication {

    protected void init() {

        mountBookmarkablePage("/home", Home.class);

    }

    public Class getHomePage() {

        return Home.class;

    }

}

I notice that you can visit /home/foo/bar and it will render /home for you.
I learned yesterday that Wicket is considering foo to be a parameter
variable and bar to be a parameter value.  I think that's a very unusual and
error prone default, but that's not the main thing I want to talk about.

If I replace my init method with this: mount(new
QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy("/home", Home.class));  That should make
parameters look like this: ?foo=bar  But my complaint is that even though it
does that, you can still type /home/foo/bar into the url and it'll render
foo for you.  IMO, it should give a 404 in that situation.

RE: mounted url bug or request for enhancement

Posted by Dan Kaplan <dk...@citizenhawk.com>.
I didn't see any response to this so I'm going to bump it once.

I made a very big typo in that last paragraph.  It should have said:
But my complaint is that even though it
does that, you can still type /home/foo/bar into the url and it'll render
*home* for you.

[...]

[home] for you.  IMO, it should give a 404 in that situation.

RE: mounted url bug or request for enhancement