Posted to user@struts.apache.org by 梁炳場 <pc...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/05 16:30:23 UTC

[OT] How to pass HttpServletRequest into Hibernate?

I have a menu made up of <html:link>s.

When a certain html:link is clicked,
next level of menu made up of html:link displays.

When the first level of html:link, I do this
session.setAttribute() in the Action class.
So that I know which link is clicked.

To display the menu, it is the job of Hibernate.

<%
List roleProgramList =
RoleProgramService.getInstance().getRoleProgramList(request.getRemoteUser());

<action path="/userProfileMaint"
  type="com.erp.struts.SomeAction"
  scope="request">
  <forward name="success" path="user.showRoleProgram" />
</action>

RoleProgramService:

Session session = null;
try
{
  session = HibernateUtil.currentSession();

My question how can the RoleProgramService, a Hibernate class,
retrieve the value of attribute when there is no session.getAttribute?

Thanks