Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2011/08/01 19:24:17 UTC

OSGi R4.3 snapshot

I just pushed some snapshots into the Maven snapshot repo for what will
ultimately become Felix Framework 4.0 (development version
3.3.0-SNAPSHOT). It includes nearly all core functionality for OSGi R4.3
(only missing the somewhat obscure filterSingleton() functionality in
the resolver hooks and security hasn't been updated yet).

If you want to play with the generic OSGi API or any new R4.3 features,
please grab the snapshot and check it out:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.main.distribution/3.3.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.felix.main.distribution-3.3.0-20110801.171412-10.tar.gz

It should be reasonably stable, but I'm sure there will be some
issues...please report any if you stumble upon them. The goal is to try
to spend the remainder of August polishing it for release in September.

-> richard

Re: Fwd: OSGi R4.3 snapshot

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Andreas,

it's the plan, I raised the corresponding Jira last week.

Karaf 3.0 will by OSGi 4.3 compliant.

Regards
JB

On 08/01/2011 10:51 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
> Since it seams that felix with 4.3 support is almost out of the door and the
> latest equinox release is also 4.3 compatible shouldn't we release karaf 3.0
> with r4.3 compatible frameworks?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas

Jean-Baptiste Onofré