Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com> on 2007/10/30 20:31:05 UTC

Tagging Code in Subversion

Hello,
  I am trying to automate my tagging process in Subversion through Maven and
I am running into issues. I am not sure I am using Maven correctly to do
this so I wanted to ask the question here...

Basically, I have a POM for my project and it has the scm connection
information as well as the maven-release-plugin is defined. It looks like
this:

<!-- SCM Connection Information -->
<scm>
<developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://<svr>/svn/VCS/Java-Code/Project/trunk</developerConnection>
</scm>

Then later on I define the plugin:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>

<tagBase>scm:svn:svn://<svr>/svn/VCS/Java-Code/Project/tags</tagBase>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Now from what I read, the tag base is supposed to be the folder where the
tag will be created however when I run the mvn install release:perform
command, it says that it is trying to check code out from the tags folder,
which does not have code in it, then the build fails.

I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Is anyone out there currently doing this successfully with Subversion who
could shed any light on this issue?

Regards,
Mark

Re: Tagging Code in Subversion

Posted by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com>.
Hi Michael,
   Thanks for the response. I should have indicated I used those exact
commands and that is where I had the problem. The release:prepare seems to
work, no errors, but it does not tag anything in subversion so that is
probably the issue at this point. The release:perform then tries to pull the
code from the tags folder to build but the code is not there.

The Project is setup in Subversion in the way I believe that Maven expects
it to be

Project/trunk
Project/tags

The tags folder is at the same level as the trunk. I probably need to find
more information on the release:prepare task and what it expects. Any
thoughts?

Regards,
Mark

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.