Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2012/05/26 08:48:10 UTC

Moving framework/jcr out of trunk and back to experimental branch

Here are some of the arguments for moving it out of trunk:
* it is still a work in progress, and not really used in OFBiz (afaik apart from some examples in the "example" component)
* the architecture and goals of this component that should replace or enhance the OFBiz "content" framework are still to be defined
* a lot of code under jcr component is clearly a work in progress and not ready for distribution: several files are missing the license header (have they been copied?)
* most of the jars in it are not listed under the LICENSE and NOTICE files
* logging from JCR are not properly formatted (and make me think that we do not have proper configuration in log4j for it)
* the development on it is staling

In summary, I think it was moved too early out of the experimental branch.
What do you think?

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Re: Moving framework/jcr out of trunk and back to experimental branch

Posted by Francis ANDRE <fr...@orange.fr>.
Hi

I am somewhat please to see the jcr component out of the main trunk.... this
will allow to get easily hot replacement of classes when running ofbiz under
debug mode in Eclipse without having to comment out the ofbiz-container.xml

Rgds

Posted by Sascha Rodekamp <sa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,
nope the branch is up to date so i don't lose anything if you remove it.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thank you Sascha,

Posted by Sascha Rodekamp <sa...@googlemail.com>.
Hey guys,