Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mallhar Kadam <de...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/08 01:14:01 UTC

Role based user management with Basic Authentication [J1.4]

Hi,

Currently we have set of users with different views of
our portal. So I believe that we have to go with Role
based user management. Also in our case, users are
basic Authenticated.

1)
First time user logs in our portal, we should be able
to save his information into databse with
corresponding to role to turbine_* table and if this
user is already in database then just proceed as
usual. How can I do that ?

2)
Also I'm not able to understand how can I assign a
role to user and store it in database.

I'm not much familiar with Role based user management
concept. Please help with above questions and also can
anyone point me if there is class diagram/ design doc
that explanins the Jetseepd User management.

tia,
mallhar