Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Henry Kwan <sp...@designmedia.com> on 2007/06/01 21:46:34 UTC

POPAuth plugin & 3.20?

Hi,

I've been running the POPAuth plugin on 3.18 with good results but noticed that
3.20 seems to break it.  I tried searching the wiki and didn't see an update to
the plugin.  Is one needed or did I fubar something during 3.18 to 3.20 upgrade?

Am currently running CentOS 4.4 with Perl 5.85.  Will update to CentOS 4.5 and
Perl 5.8.8 soon.

Thanks.

Re: POPAuth plugin & 3.20?

Posted by Henry Kwan <sp...@designmedia.com>.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:

> Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>
> The POPAuth plugin for 3.1 works with 3.2 as long as you configure at
> least one trusted_network manually.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/POPAuthPlugin

Hi Daryl,

Good to know.  I only had internal_networks set and not trusted_networks.

I'll add it to local.cf and try it out later when I'm outside of our
network.

Thanks for looking into this.

Re: POPAuth plugin & 3.20?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Henry Kwan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been running the POPAuth plugin on 3.18 with good results but
>> noticed that
>> 3.20 seems to break it.  I tried searching the wiki and didn't see an
>> update to
>> the plugin.  Is one needed or did I fubar something during 3.18 to
>> 3.20 upgrade?
>>
>> Am currently running CentOS 4.4 with Perl 5.85.  Will update to CentOS
>> 4.5 and
>> Perl 5.8.8 soon.
>
> It's probably incompatible with 3.2.  Checking into this and fixing it
> (along with some efficiency improvements) is listed on a post-it-note on
> display #4.  Unfortunately paying jobs take a much higher priority right
> now.

The POPAuth plugin for 3.1 works with 3.2 as long as you configure at
least one trusted_network manually.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/POPAuthPlugin

Daryl

Re: POPAuth plugin & 3.20?