Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 09:56:22 UTC

Community Day Feedback

Hi Everyone

A quick update on the Community Day last Saturday.

First of all – a huge thank you to everyone who took part. It was good to
see people working together towards a common goal and collaborating together
as a community. This is at the heart of what we as a project community want
to achieve.

I've just closed the Jira Sprint, we had 38 issues included in the sprint
iand we have closed 24 which is great news. I've included the link to the
sprint report below.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=64&view=reporting&chart=sprintRetrospective&sprint=145

On the social side, a few people sent us some messages on Twitter and the
webchat rooms (Skype and Freenode) proved very useful in getting fast
feedback or clarifications on particular points.

During the discussions a couple of points were raised as follows:

1. Amending Jira profiles to be in the Contributor Group as this group has
permissions to assign issues to themselves and also add issues into a Sprint
2. Setting up an indication within a Jira Issue so that another developer
will know if they can pick up an issue that is assigned to someone else

I will raise both these points as separate threads on the dev mailing list
to find out what the community feedback is on them.

If anyone has any other feedback that they would like to share about the
Community Day then please feel free to respond to this thread.

Thanks again to everyone that participated and our next Community Day is set
for 19th September.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Community Day Feedback

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

The sprint can be as long as we want so can be easily adjusted. For the
Community Day  I opened this one a day before and left it open a day after
so if people want it to be extended, it can be. This could be something we
could try out on the next Community Day.

Another thing we may want to promote is the ability for people to add or
remove what issues they like for a sprint. Currently anyone in the
Committers or Contributors Jira group can add issues to and remove them from
sprints. As a default Jira users are not part of the Contributors Jira group
but currently there is a discussion on the dev list proposing  to change
this so that all Jira users with an ICLA in place can be moved iinto the
Contributors group. This will also give them additional access to  assign
themselves issues while working on a patch.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Community Day Feedback

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you should consider extending the window a bit more than just the
days of the OCD, e.g. An additional 72 hours.

Best regards,

Pierre

Op maandag 22 juni 2015 heeft Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> Hi Jinghai
>
> I'm sorry but now that the sprint has been closed I cant re-open it to add
> any missing issues. Jira doesn't have the functionality to do it at the
> moment.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Pierre Smits