Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "McDonnell, David" <Da...@csu.edu.au> on 2001/02/07 05:22:51 UTC

Resource bundle exceptions

Hi All,

I've been looking at the slide recently, so far it looks very promising...

I have slide up and running in TC4 and using hsql. At times I get a stack
trace in the TC server window, any ideas why this could be happening? (btw,
Im accessing this via MS WebFolders).

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle
java.util.Pro
pertyResourceBundle, key sc.207
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.getString(StringManager.java:134
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.getMessage(ResponseImpl.java:482)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpResponseAdapter.endHeaders(HttpRes
ponseAdapter.java:111)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.sendHeaders(Buffer
edServletOutputStream.java:127)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush(Buffer
edServletOutputStream.java:239)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.close(BufferedServ
letOutputStream.java:258)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.close(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.finish(ResponseImpl.java:176)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:570
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Resource bundle exceptions

Posted by Martin Gronberg <ma...@everest.com>.
Need to add the WebDAV HTTP1.1 extesions to your
/org/apache/tomcat/core/LocalStrings.properties resource bundle.  It
should be included in the webserver.jar file.  To be complete you should
add the following:

sc.102=Processing
sc.207=Multi-Status
sc.422=Unprocessable Entity
sc.423=Locked
sc.424=Failed Dependency
sc.507=Insufficient Storage

but to get past the exception you cited you just have to add the sc.207 key.

   Marty

Posted by Sachin Patil <sa...@plexustech.net>.
Hi Dave,

One reason could be that you have not placed your .properties file
at proper position. Keep property file outside package directory .
lets try ......

Sachin

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi All,
>
> I've been looking at the slide recently, so far it looks very promising...
>
> I have slide up and running in TC4 and using hsql. At times I get a stack
> trace in the TC server window, any ideas why this could be happening?
(btw,
> Im accessing this via MS WebFolders).

First of all, you're not using TC4. More likely TC 3.1 or a 3.2 beta. You
should update to 3.2 (I think it has been fixed) or 4.0b1 (beta 2 coming
soon).
Note that this exception is harmless, and just indicates that Tomcat can't
find a message string corresponding to status code 207, which is Webdav
specific.

Remy