Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com> on 2015/05/21 23:57:46 UTC

Backport PROTON-885 to 0.9.x?

Hi all,

I'd like to create a PyPi package for the 0.9 release of the python bindings.  I think it would be really very useful to include the new setup.py scripts in this release.

Would anyone object to me back porting PROTON-885 to the 0.9.x branch?

--
-K

Re: Backport PROTON-885 to 0.9.x?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/21/2015 10:57 PM, Ken Giusti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to create a PyPi package for the 0.9 release of the python bindings.  I think it would be really very useful to include the new setup.py scripts in this release.
>
> Would anyone object to me back porting PROTON-885 to the 0.9.x branch?

I agree it be very useful to make the improvements available to
interested users as soon as possible, so I'd be in favour of a backport.
(Being able to pip install a complete client including the native code
into a virtualenv is very convenient).

Re: Backport PROTON-885 to 0.9.x?

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
Sorry - just catching up on email now: