Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/08 14:23:53 UTC

Release james-project 1.3 pom?

currently, the mailet projects poms inherit:

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.james</groupId>
    <artifactId>james-project</artifactId>
    <version>1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>../james-project/project/pom.xml</relativePath>
  </parent>

this pom seems to be unreleased. i think this means we need to release
it before we can cut releases for the mailets etc.

is there any more work needed before james-project 1.3 pom can be released?

-robert

Re: Release james-project 1.3 pom?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

release the projects in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/  ...?

> Otherwise also remember to put the -site.xml and pom files, md5 and
> signatures in
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/james/james-project/
>
> I don't know how to update the maven-metadata.xml if not using the maven
> deploy plugin.

maven doesn't play well with my public key setup :-/

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> currently, the mailet projects poms inherit:
>>>
>>>   <parent>
>>>     <groupId>org.apache.james</groupId>
>>>     <artifactId>james-project</artifactId>
>>>     <version>1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>>     <relativePath>../james-project/project/pom.xml</relativePath>
>>>   </parent>
>>>
>>> this pom seems to be unreleased. i think this means we need to release
>>> it before we can cut releases for the mailets etc.
>>>
>>> is there any more work needed before james-project 1.3 pom can be released?
>>>
>>> -robert
>> We usually released parent poms as part of the project needing them.
>> IMHO there's no need to VOTE for a pom alone.
>>
>> If it is working for the release of mailets then it is ok and it will be
>> released as 1.3 when we release mailet-api. If we need something more we
>> can release 1.4 in the next release that will need changes.
>
> ok
>
> i think that this means i need to:
>
> 1. update the pom version numbers in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/
> 2. tag into http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/tags/
> 3. update the mailet-api pom.
>
> then cut the mailet API release
>
> is this correct?

Yes. If you use the maven release plugin it will do everything you need.
Otherwise also remember to put the -site.xml and pom files, md5 and
signatures in
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/james/james-project/

I don't know how to update the maven-metadata.xml if not using the maven
deploy plugin.

Stefano

Re: Release james-project 1.3 pom?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.