Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org> on 2004/12/30 14:13:12 UTC

Testing Jetspeed conversion to svn...

Planning for the upcoming migration of Jetspeed to SVN, I've gone and
imported
both jetspeed 1 and jetspeed 2 CVS repositories on my personal SVN server

Since I had to manually fix some conversion issues, could some of you
try out the
converted repositories ?

Jetspeed 1
https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-1/trunk/

Jetspeed 2
https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-2/trunk/

If I don't get any negative feedback in the next few days, I'll go ahead
and start the
jetspeed 2 conversion process with infrastructure.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: Testing Jetspeed conversion to svn...

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>
>> David Sean Taylor wrote:

>>> checks out and builds fine

>>> checks out and builds fine
>>>

>> Cool :)
>>
> Agreed SVN does look cool
> Im trying out the Subclipse plugin here now

If you want to go for a bit of nostaliga, check out the
branches and tags in jetspeed-1
(resp https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-1/branches/
  and https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-1/tags/, use
  a web browser on the above folders to see the available
  tags).

It's pretty amazing to see the amount of changes from jetspeed 1.0
to jetspeed 1.6...

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:
> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>
>> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>>
>>> Planning for the upcoming migration of Jetspeed to SVN, I've gone and
>>> imported
>>> both jetspeed 1 and jetspeed 2 CVS repositories on my personal SVN
>>> server
>>>
>>> Since I had to manually fix some conversion issues, could some of you
>>> try out the
>>> converted repositories ?
>>>
>>> Jetspeed 1
>>> https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-1/trunk/
>>>
>> checks out and builds fine
>>
>>> Jetspeed 2
>>> https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-2/trunk/
>>>
>> checks out and builds fine
>>

> Cool :)

Agreed SVN does look cool
Im trying out the Subclipse plugin here now

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office] +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

Re: Testing Jetspeed conversion to svn...

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>
>> Planning for the upcoming migration of Jetspeed to SVN, I've gone and
>> imported
>> both jetspeed 1 and jetspeed 2 CVS repositories on my personal SVN server
>>
>> Since I had to manually fix some conversion issues, could some of you
>> try out the
>> converted repositories ?
>>
>> Jetspeed 1
>> https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-1/trunk/
>>
> checks out and builds fine
>
>> Jetspeed 2
>> https://baradur.aptiwan.com/svn/jetspeed-2/trunk/
>>
> checks out and builds fine

Cool :)

>> If I don't get any negative feedback in the next few days, I'll go
>> ahead and start the
>> jetspeed 2 conversion process with infrastructure.
>>
> Can I still continue to commit on both repos or are you going to freeze
> commits during transition?

The above conversion was just "for fun" and finding out before hand what
kind of issues we will have to face when doing the real conversion.

Right now, continue to work as usual on CVS and I'll coordinate with
Santiago to make the move happen. I believe he has all the karma
required to freeze the CVS repository and set up the SVN one.

I'll post a notice on jetspeed-dev beforehand on any case.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Ken Ramirez <kr...@thejavathinktank.org>.
I have not tested the build yet. I can do so this afternoon :-)

Ken

--
*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----
Stay on top of all things regarding JSR-168 Portlet and
Portal development by bookmarking the authority on the
subject: http://community.java.net/portlet
*
* News
* Weblogs
* Community Tips
* Portlet and Portal Projects
* Featured Articles
* And much more
*
*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----
Ken Ramirez
Send mail to: mailto://kramirez@TheJavaThinkTank.org
Check out the website: http://www.TheJavaThinkTank.org
Check out my Blog at: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ken_ramirez

Re: Testing Jetspeed conversion to svn...

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ken Ramirez <kr...@thejavathinktank.org>.
1. When I tried it using the HTTPS (secured connection), I got an error
that said "Error Validating Server Certificate...do you want to
proceed". When I clicked on the "Accept Certificate Anyway" button, the
download began and I was able to receive the SVN content.

2. When I tried it using non-secure HTTP, I got an error that said
"PROPFIND request failed on '/sv/jetspeed-2/trunk': 405 method not allowed".

3. When I tried the svn protocol, it gave me back a timeout error.

Let me know if you want me to try again later.

Thanks,

Ken