Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark J Cox <ma...@ukweb.com> on 1996/07/09 09:08:31 UTC

CVS Docs (Re: Apache 1.1.1 released)

> > * I've changed the various files on the website to reflect
> >   this release.
>
> Please give an indication on the main page of what's changed.

How about putting the Apache Web pages into CVS?  If we use a similar
system (with a mailing list that shows diffs) it will be quicker and
easier to spot and fix things, restore earlier version, see who made
changes and so on.

+1 (If anyone who knows how to properly set up CVS repositories
    has the time to do this)

Mark

Re: CVS Docs (Re: Apache 1.1.1 released)

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Paul Richards wrote:
> Mark J. Cox writes:
>  >
>  > How about putting the Apache Web pages into CVS?  If we use a similar
>  > system (with a mailing list that shows diffs) it will be quicker and
>  > easier to spot and fix things, restore earlier version, see who made
>  > changes and so on.
>  >
>  > +1 (If anyone who knows how to properly set up CVS repositories
>  >     has the time to do this)
>
> If everyone thinks this is a good idea and they show me where they are
> I'll import them.

/export/pub/apache/

	Brian

CVS Docs (Re: Apache 1.1.1 released)

Posted by Paul Richards <p....@elsevier.co.uk>.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Mark J Cox wrote:
> > > * I've changed the various files on the website to reflect
> > >   this release.
> >
> > Please give an indication on the main page of what's changed.
>
> How about putting the Apache Web pages into CVS?  If we use a similar
> system (with a mailing list that shows diffs) it will be quicker and
> easier to spot and fix things, restore earlier version, see who made
> changes and so on.
>
> +1 (If anyone who knows how to properly set up CVS repositories
>     has the time to do this)

+1.  At the very least, /docs. I don't know how CVS would deal with
something like /dist.

	Brian