Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Pankaj Arora01 <Pa...@infosys.com> on 2008/06/11 13:17:50 UTC

Change Temp Directroy used by ANT

Hi All,

Can I change the temp directory used by ANT by passing it as an argument?

Problem:

I am trying to start two processes parallely on the same System. Both the processes are modifying files having same name but in different directories.

During processing, files are copied to System Temporary folder and modified.
Since the file name is same, once first process finishes, it removes the file from the temp folder and the second process throws an error.

This can be solved if I use different temp folders but I do not know how??

Thanks in Advance
Pankaj

Infosys e-mail system.

RE: Change Temp Directroy used by ANT

Posted by Pankaj Arora01 <Pa...@infosys.com>.
HI,

Can u please tell me how to pass this as an argument?
Some sample code would definitely help.

I am using fixcrlf task.

> Can I change the temp directory used by ANT by passing it as an argument?
>

> Problem:
>
> I am trying to start two processes parallely on the same System. Both the processes are modifying files having same name but in different directories.
>
> During processing, files are copied to System Temporary folder and modified.
> Since the file name is same, once first process finishes, it removes the file from the temp folder and the second process throws an error.
>
> This can be solved if I use different temp folders but I do not know how??

change the TEMP/TMP environment variables of the processes started; this
gets picked up by the java.io.tmpdir property and you are laughing.
Alternatively, do a copy that doesnt require a unique name in the temp
folder. <tempfile> can give you a unique name

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/