Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alessio Gottardo <ta...@yahoo.it.INVALID> on 2017/11/27 11:54:26 UTC

On debian libsasl2-modules is needed when using the ANONYMOUS SASL mechanism

Hi guys,

I am using:
- debian 9 (stretch)
- the Electron Go package wrapper fo Qpid proton-c

I need to establish a TLS connection using the SASL ANONYMOUS mechanism for AMQP.
I followed this installation doc:
https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/master/INSTALL.md

This dependency should be added to INSTALL.md: `libsasl2-modules`
among the Cyrus SASL requirements.

Otherwise the following `panic` message happens at runtime:
panic: proton:io:sasl_error: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found (Authentication failed [mech=none])

Thanks
Alessio

Re: On debian libsasl2-modules is needed when using the ANONYMOUS SASL mechanism

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:54 AM, Alessio Gottardo <tappoz84@yahoo.it.invalid
> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am using:
> - debian 9 (stretch)
> - the Electron Go package wrapper fo Qpid proton-c
>
> I need to establish a TLS connection using the SASL ANONYMOUS mechanism
> for AMQP.
> I followed this installation doc:
> https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/master/INSTALL.md
>
> This dependency should be added to INSTALL.md: `libsasl2-modules`
> among the Cyrus SASL requirements.

Thanks Alessio for pointing this out. I have added libsasl2-modules to the
Debian section of INSTALL.md