Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stefan Hedtfeld <st...@xsoftahead.com> on 2005/10/24 00:35:00 UTC

[tobago] using tobago on tomcat 5.5

Hi,

there seems to be a problem with tobago on tomcat 5.5. When deploying my
webapp I see an INFO message in the log files:

00:15:18,947 INFO  [WebappClassLoader]
validateJarFile(/home/stefan/as/jboss-4.0.2/server/app/./tmp/deploy/tmp54238app.war/WEB-INF/lib/servletapi-2.3.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class

It seems that the pom is not correct, you should use
<scope>provided</scope> in the dependency entry for the servlet api.
Maybe maven(2) changed it's scope values in one of the maven2 betas?

Anyone who needs to package the servletapi with his war file should do
so explicitly in his pom.

BTW: I'm not sure which of the tobago dependencies should use the
provided scope instead of compile.

Regards,

Stefan Hedtfeld.

Re: [tobago] using tobago on tomcat 5.5

Posted by Stefan Hedtfeld <st...@xsoftahead.com>.
Hi,

now it worked!

Thanks and regards,

Stefan.

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hi,

--
Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Bohmann - Atanion GmbH - Software Development
Bismarckstr. 13, 26122 Oldenburg, http://www.atanion.com

Re: [tobago] using tobago on tomcat 5.5

Posted by Stefan Hedtfeld <st...@xsoftahead.com>.
Bernd Bohmann schrieb:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> please check out the latest version of tobago  :-)
>
> Best Regards

I'd like to but the build fails with the following error (mvn -e install):

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Tobago example demo
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1124)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1060)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:447)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:301)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:268)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:137)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:316)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The
plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:225)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:87)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:158)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1095)
        ... 17 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 15 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 26 19:39:42 CEST 2005
[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/174M
[INFO]

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hi Stefan,