Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/08 16:25:58 UTC

prices with taxes for B2C endusers

Hello,

A point of interest:

If the ecommerce platform of Ofbiz is used for B2B it is , in Europe, the
case that prices are published without taxes. For that Ofbiz is perfect.

But

If the ecommerce platform of Ofbiz is used for B2C it is, in Europe, the
case that prices are published inclusive taxes (VAT). For that it becomes,
to my view, a little bit difficult in Ofbiz to calculate the price.
The price is always rounded in this way: the product price is not f.e.
30,00 € but always 29,90 € for example. Then in Ofbiz we should enter the
price without tax, so we have to calculate 29,90 / 1,21 (VAT is 21% f.e.).
That is 24.71074380165289256198347107438 € .
If i have to enter this in Ofbiz, i should round it to 24,71 € f.e. . The
outcome with tax (VAT) is then: 24,71 * 1,21 =  29.8991 € or probably on
the screen: 29,89 €.
Now in Europe there is no person who is comfortable to pay with 1 eurocent
coins. However they exist.

But all this to show that for B2C it should be better if Ofbiz had a system
where the price with tax is given in as 29,90 € f.e. and that the price
without tax is then calculated automatically for the products.

I hope this is clear.

Anyone experience with this psychological rounding of cents for B2C ?

Regards,
Heidi

--
Olagos bvba
http://www.olagos.eu <http://www.olagos.eu/>

Re: prices with taxes for B2C endusers

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Just a guess, but have you tried to add "rounding=XX" to  @ofbizCurrency?

old: <@ofbizCurrency amount=price.specialPromoPrice
isoCode=price.currencyUsed />
new: <@ofbizCurrency amount=price.specialPromoPrice
isoCode=price.currencyUsed rounding=2 />

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajbir Saini <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Heidi,

David Jones added the VAT support few years ago. There is a
ProductPrice#taxInPrice entity field and I think if you set this field
to Yes, you should be able to add prices with tax (VAT). There is also a
tax correction adjustment and I think this is created to adjust the
rounding variation when calculating the VAT.   I got this working with
some changes to product calcTax service as I needed to calculate the VAT
for each quantity to get the rounding right.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.
This works in OFBiz OOTB since Feb. 2010.
You need to correctly set your tax authorities.
You might need to tweak the "tax correction adjustment" in some specific cases as Raj explained (only seen in Nabble :/ )

Jacques