Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "Walsh, Peter" <Pe...@disney.com> on 2014/06/26 00:07:34 UTC

ATS 5.0.0 issue with TSHttpConnect

Hello,
I just upgraded from 4.2.1 to ATS 5.0.0 but am having issues in my plugins that use TSHttpConnect.

When the response body is chunked, the response body being returned to my plugin includes the chunk sizes in the response string.  In ATS 4.x, the plugins received the response body without the chunked sizes as part of it, meaning ATS handled this under the covers so my plugin didn't have to.

Is that intentional behavior or a bug?  I did not see it mentioned in the release notes or with the output of the apichecker.pl tool

Re: ATS 5.0.0 issue with TSHttpConnect

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.
On second thought, the patch may not actually help you. But I think that is
definitely related to the changes to FetchSM in ATS 5.0.0

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Geffon <br...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a bug related to spdy chunking changes, possibly I'm fetchsm.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
Let's get a Jira filed on this, it doesn't sound right :)

Posted by "Walsh, Peter" <Pe...@disney.com>.
Nothing else changed in the environment.  I uninstalled 4.2.1 and
installed 5.0.0 and noticed my plugin was failing whenever the response
was chunked because the response body now contained the chunk sizes. I've
since reverted back to 4.2.1 and all is good again.

I didn't notice anything different about the requests, but I will do
another wireshark capture to ensure the request being sent is the same in
both 4.2.1 and 5.0.0.

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.