Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2017/02/10 07:43:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release resolver 1.10.2

I'd like to get FELIX-5450 and FELIX-5514 out of the door, so unless
someone volunteer  to do the resolver 1.10.2 release, i'll give it a try
next week.

Cheers,
Guillaume

Re: [DISCUSS] Release resolver 1.10.2

Posted by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Also notice that I fixed resolver issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5514 which should get released
also

Tom.

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
I just did this as part of FELIX-5547. With that and FELIX-5544 out of
the way I'm now going to try to get FELIX-5329 done.

When I have that finished and assuming nothing else pops-up I'm going
to cut a resolver and a framework release (hopefully tomorrow).

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Release resolver 1.10.2

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like we have to (and can, as it is no regression) push
FELIX-5548 to a later release.

As I'm done with the issue I had (except maybe FELIX-5548 which I
still have to figure out when it happens) I'll cut a release of the
resolver and the framework either tonight or tomorrow.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Release resolver 1.10.2

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Release resolver 1.10.2

Posted by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Release resolver 1.10.2

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Release resolver 1.10.2

Posted by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com>.
This is related to the fix for FELIX-5514.

The FelixResolveContext is an internal type (not something I consider real
API at this point).  But its intention is to be used by the framework
(Felix and Equinox in particular) to allow the framework to do things
necessary to implement the OSGi framework easier.  For example, discovering
related fragments when resolving a host bundle.  I added a new method
getSubstitutionWires to make the discovery of substituted wires more
efficient for resolved bundle wirings from the framework.  The reason I did
this was because the framework must already know what wires are substitute
wires for packages from the wiring.  This information is necessary to
properly implement class loader delegation for require-bundle (section
3.13.1):

<spec>
Requiring bundles must get wired to all exported packages of all their
required bundles including exported packages from their attached fragments.
This means that any mandatory attributes on these exports must be ignored.
However, if a required bundle's exported package is substituted for an
imported package, then the requiring bundles must get wired to the same
exported package that the required bundle is wired to ensure class space
consistency.
</spec>

In the resolver I have implemented the algorithm for discovering the
substitution wires when there is no FelixResolveContext used.  See
org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.getSubstitutionWires(Wiring)

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Great !