Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/05/20 13:42:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] The OFBiz Flexible Reports, a new and important feature

Hi dear OFBiz users,

Six months ago, I worked with the Nereides team to migrate and improve their Birt Report Builder and finally contribute it in OFBiz with a new name:
the OFBiz Flexible Reports.

This would not have been possible without the initial effort**of Nicolas Malin, Pierre Gaudin and François Wurmser for the design. It has been
initially implemented by François Wurmser as a Neogia addon on a R13.07 version and ported by me to a custom OFBiz R13 version. And then with the help
of Nicolas Malin to the OFBiz trunk with simple changes in the framework where it was secured using OWASP security policies.

Because it was delivered in several steps, maybe some of you did not have an opportunity to look at it and its documentation closely.

I believe it's a new important feature, so I decided to write a blog entry where all about it will be grouped to ease the approach.

With the help of Sharan Foga and Pranay, I wrote this blog entry at https://blogs.apache.org/ofbiz/entry/the-birt-flexible-reports-a

I hope you will find it useful

Regards

Jacques

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The OFBiz Flexible Reports, a new and important feature

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com>.
This is absolutely incredible! We had investigated BIRT but never implemented it because it was too confusing for new uses. This will be a huge boost to ofbiz adoption.

--P