Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Rahul R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/17 02:05:10 UTC

Create Multiple Ensembles For a Set of Znodes

I am trying to create multiple combinations of Zookeeper ensembles  for a
given set of Znodes. for example,

If I have five znode servers {Z1...Z5}  ,
then I would like to have ensembles of the following combinations.

 1,2,3,4
 2,3,4,5
 3,4,5,1
and so on ....

Is it possible to create these combinations for ensembles dynamically ?
The only way I can think of is to create a new config file with unique port
numbers for each of the ensemble configurations. Its a cumbersome task. Is
there any easier and efficient way for doing the same ?

Thanks,
./Rahul

RE: Create Multiple Ensembles For a Set of Znodes

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Rahul,

I hope you are expecting to see the namespace partitioning in ZK. I could see few discussions going on recently in the user mailing list.

FYI: Please go through the discussions
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-user/201405.mbox/%3CCAHYqJpGtJH4X-r4Uwo5+aS=3c-dOGi7=7QeO3pJLcHf6GdBF6w@mail.gmail.com%3E

Reference JIRA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-646

-Rakesh