Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Jack Box <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/09 16:19:27 UTC

Two-Factor Authentication

Hello Mailinglist

First let me tell you, that I really like the Shiro approach on
authentication and authorization.
Keep up the good work!

Now my question(s):
Does Shiro somehow support two-factor authentication?
Could you give me some hints on how to implement it with the current stable
release (1.1.0)?

For those who need more details: I would like to implement a portal which
requires the users to first supply their username and password.
After their credentials had been checked they receive an SMS with a one-time
key. They may proceed only after they entered this one-time key.
You might already know this from the GMail's two-factor authentication
(http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/advanced-sign-in-security-for-your.html)
Btw.: Sending the SMS is not a problem, because I've already done that.

Is there already a solution which I just didn't find?
Is it possible with Shiro?

Thanks for your help,
JB