Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by 29djeo <29...@michaelstarkie.com> on 2003/12/14 20:50:40 UTC

access to manager broken

Hello.

When I try to access http://localhost/manager or http://localhost:8080/manager my browser gets re-directed to http://www.localhost.net.au, a website I have no interest in.  My guess is that my browser can't resolve localhost properly.  When I ping localhost I get 64 bytes from localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).  I seem to have broke things trying to set up tomcat for 2 virtual hosts on my linux box.  I added two entries to the etc/host file for two domains that point to the same ip.  Bad idea?  Not sure what's going on.

Re: access to manager broken

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
/manager/ gives me a directory listing of the manager context. The
correct access is:

http://localhost:8080/manager/html

However you should check in your server.xml to see what your connectors
are set up for. manager operates under ssl and the connector should
redirect the http request to the 8443 port for https. If that connector
is not running, you would probably get that Aus site.

HTH
Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2