Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU> on 2002/02/08 09:56:34 UTC

Patch for Excalibur Docs

Hello.

I'm not sure what the approved method for submitting patches or
contributing to Avalon is, but I've attached a couple patches.  I hope
the patches are in the correct format -- I just did a cvs diff.

The first patch fixes a link in the Excalibur Docs (in book.xml) and
extra parameters to javadoc so that it builds documentation that links
out to external resources (Framework API, J2SDK 1.4 API, J2SDKEE 1.3
API).    I too lazy to flip between different sets of API's manually...
;)

The second patch fixes a few javadoc errors in some source files.

BTW,  why isn't the API docs directly linked within the docs?  Why use a
type="external" link instead of a local link to the API in the
build/javadocs directory?

-Mark

Re: Patch for Excalibur Docs

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:56, Mark Woon wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm not sure what the approved method for submitting patches or
> contributing to Avalon is, but I've attached a couple patches.  I hope
> the patches are in the correct format -- I just did a cvs diff.

thats great though we prefer unified diffs (with -u option).

> The first patch fixes a link in the Excalibur Docs (in book.xml) and
> extra parameters to javadoc so that it builds documentation that links
> out to external resources (Framework API, J2SDK 1.4 API, J2SDKEE 1.3
> API).    I too lazy to flip between different sets of API's manually...
> ;)
>
> The second patch fixes a few javadoc errors in some source files.

kool.

> BTW,  why isn't the API docs directly linked within the docs?  Why use a
> type="external" link instead of a local link to the API in the
> build/javadocs directory?

Our previous documentation generator (stylebook) used to process book.xml to
determine which pages to process. Anything marked as external was not
processed but could be linked to. With our new documentation system (cocoon)
we probably don't need it anymore - not sure ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete