Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Juan Moreno <jw...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/12 18:15:53 UTC

Standard In/Out

Hey All,

Since Thrift chose not to assume you would be using TCP/IP for transport
all the time, they abstracted it like they did the Protocol.
I think it may very well be possible to have a TTransport and
TServerTransport done over Standard In/Out.
This would be used when creating child processes. The implementations would
need to be created in all the various languages.

Is this something that anyone is interested in?
It's just another option for Inter-Process communication besides Sockets.

Re: Standard In/Out

Posted by Juan Moreno <jw...@gmail.com>.
I took a look at the Pipes. It looks like a great idea. Does it work only
in C++? Would it work in a JVM environment?

Re: Standard In/Out

Posted by Juan Moreno <jw...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jens & Peace,

Re: Standard In/Out