Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kristian Nordal <kr...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 13:46:50 UTC

File system reference to parent POM

Hi

I've noticed that Maven2 uses a file system reference to the parent POM - if
the parent POM is located in the directory above. This is causing problems
when someone in the team is working on a specific module, but at some point
did a check out of the complete source tree / module hierarchy. New
snapshots of the parent pom are deployed by Continuum. Is it possible to
force maven to always use the snapshots found in the repository (running
with -U didn't help) / disabling file system reference to parent?

--
Cheers,
Kristian

Re: File system reference to parent POM

Posted by Markku Saarela <ma...@iki.fi>.
Use     <relativePath>../pom/pom.xml</relativePath> in your parent
element of POM if this parent POM is somewhere in you checked out source
tree.

- markku

Posted by Kristian Nordal <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by olivier jacob <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 3/14/07, Kristian Nordal <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've noticed that Maven2 uses a file system reference to the parent POM -
> if
> the parent POM is located in the directory above. This is causing problems
> when someone in the team is working on a specific module, but at some
> point
> did a check out of the complete source tree / module hierarchy. New
> snapshots of the parent pom are deployed by Continuum. Is it possible to
> force maven to always use the snapshots found in the repository (running
> with -U didn't help) / disabling file system reference to parent?

I think you can deploy your parent POM in your repository. This way, you
won't have to specify the file system reference.

--
Olivier Jacob
Consultant - OCTO Technology
50, avenue des Champs Elysées