Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by oj <oj...@gmx.de> on 2007/07/30 14:07:30 UTC

how to list all the current webapps of the tomcat into a text file

Hi,

is it possible to list all the currently installed  webapps into a file? I
want to write a update software for my application so I need the information
which webapps are running, does anyone know if i can query this information
via the command line?

Thanks

Re: how to list all the current webapps of the tomcat into a text file

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
So many ways..... pick one

http://localhost:8080/manager/list
Will give you the stuff in a browser, for the domain.

If you look at the file name under Tomcat 5.5.23/conf/Catalina/host
They are the loaded WebApps.... little bit of code will get it for you....
Maybe.... Dir *.* > filename will pipe on windows ?
Linux will definitely do it with a little script and I've forgotten how, but
format it nicely as well.

If you use JCONSOLE and set your Tomcat up for JMX.... can read it in
JCONSOLE

and if you handy with ant script.... can also do it, look up the "list" ant
task.

.... theres probably more, thats all I can think of

I know you said "to text file"... but maybe one of the other ways works
better for you.
Using ANT and JCONSOLE and the Browser.... all work with remote Tomcats

Have Fun

Posted by oj <oj...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

just want to thank you both for your help!!!

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
If you look at