Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> on 2008/01/03 11:56:45 UTC

How do I deploy my jar in my remote repository?

Hi all,

  I try to deploy my jar in remote server according to http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How_do_I_deploy_my_jar_in_my_remote_repository. But I couldn't find the mvn command to do this.

  Someone knows?

  Thomas

---------------------------------
Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.

Re: A question about using Mirrors for Repositories

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 5, 2008 2:46 AM, Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> I am going to use the archiva. But the archiva 1.0 needs jdk 1.5. That means I have to set the JAVA_HOME to point to the jdk 1.5. But many of my programms use jdk 1.4 and I can't change the JAVA_HOME to point to the jdk 1.4
>
>   Any sujestion?

Archiva has separate mailing lists, please come join us if you have
more questions... http://maven.apache.org/archiva/mail-lists.html

--
Wendy

Re: A question about using Mirrors for Repositories

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
In some situations maven needs additional information for resolving
artifacts. This info is stored in the metadata files in the
repository. Since the filenames of these metadata files are different
in local and remote repositories it does not work to misuse a local
repository as a remote one.

It is mere luck, that sometimes the download works in spite of that.

As Nick already suggested, consider to install a repository manager.

Re: A question about setting in the POM.xml

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
Simply remove it.

Jeff

On Jan 7, 2008 3:45 PM, Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> [...]
>  org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
> > :315)
> >         at
>  org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(
> > Launcher.java:430)
> >           at
>  org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.InvalidProjectModelException:
>  Parse
> > error re
> > ading POM. Reason: Unrecognised tag: 'properties' (position:
>  START_TAG
> > seen ...<
> > /type>\r\n\t\t\t<properties>... @17:16)  for project unknown at
> > E:\Projekte\Test
> > SpringJpa\pom.xml
> >         at
>  org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel
> > MavenProjectBuilder.java:1422)
> >         at
>  org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel
> > MavenProjectBuilder.java:1379)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFi
> > leInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:477)
> >         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build
> > (DefaultMave
> > nProjectBuilder.java:200)
> >         at
>  org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:553)
> >         at
>  org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java
> > :467)
> >         at
>  org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java
> > :364)
> >         ... 11 more
> > Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException:
> > Unrecognise
> > d tag: 'properties' (position: START_TAG seen
> > ...</type>\r\n\t\t\t<properties>..
> > . @17:16)
> >         at
>  org.apache.maven.model.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.parseDependency
> > (MavenX
> > pp3Reader.java:1261)
> >         at org.apache.maven.model.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.parseModel
> > (MavenXpp3Re
> > ader.java:2323)
> >         at org.apache.maven.model.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.read(
> > MavenXpp3Reader.j
> > ava:4422)
> >         at
>  org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel
> > MavenProjectBuilder.java:1418)
> >         ... 17 more
> > [INFO]

> > [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> > [INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 07 15:21:01 CET 2008
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
> > [INFO]

> >   E:\Projekte\TestSpringJpa>
>

> ---------------------------------
> Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.

La mélancolie c'est communiste
Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps
La mélancolie n'est pas capitaliste
C'est même gratuit pour les perdants
La mélancolie c'est pacifiste
On ne lui rentre jamais dedans
La mélancolie oh tu sais ça existe
Elle se prend même avec des gants
La mélancolie c'est pour les syndicalistes
Il faut juste sa carte de permanent

Miossec (2006)

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com

Re: A question about setting in the POM.xml

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.

---------------------------------

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: A question about setting in the POM.xml

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks!

  ************************
  > Hi all,
>
>   Formerly I used maven1 and I can use the <war.bundle/> in the
 project.xml as follow:
>   <dependency>
>   <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0.4</version>
>   <type>jar</type>
>   <properties>
>   <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
>   </properties>
>   </dependency>
>
>   Now I use maven2. And I try to do the same in the POM.xml. But as I
 run mvn-command I get error as follow. If I take out the
 <war.bundle/>, it will be OK. But I do need the <war.bundle/>. Somebody can tell me
 what's wrong?

It works differently in maven2.
If you project has packaging == war, then, dependencies will be
included in war file.
You may define that you do not want them to be in bundled, then you
 have to add
<scope>provided</provided> which means that servlet container (J2EE
 server)
will provide those libraries for your application.
Typical usage: dependency on servlet-api.
More about this here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

HTH,
Tomek

---------------------------------

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error by running "Create a project" in "Maven in 5 Minutes"

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
You are right. :-)

Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> schrieb: Show us the command line you typed. It seems you might have mistyped something.

Wayne

On 1/9/08, Thomas Chang  wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to create a project according to the "Maven in 5 Minutes" under http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html.
>
> The mirror in my "setting.xml" is the remote repository in the server machine. I got error as follow. But when I run using the central mirror, i.e. without my mirror, then is OK.
>
> Somebody knows why?
>
> ********************
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Error creating from archetype
>
> Embedded error: Artifact ID must be specified when creating a new project from a
> n archetype.
> [INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Jan 09 20:40:46 CET 2008
> [INFO] Final Memory: 5M/9M
>
> C:\Project>

---------------------------------
Ihre erste Baustelle? Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker.

Re: Error by running "Create a project" in "Maven in 5 Minutes"

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The "problem" email header is this one:

When you reply to an email, your email client (or yahoo.de website)
inserts that header into the new email. Even when you change the
subject and delete the old email content, that header is still there.

As a result, your emails get threaded into unrelated conversations,
which as Dennis mentioned, is very annoying. So please, send a new
email when you have a new topic, and only "reply" when you are
responding to an existing thread/topic.

Wayne

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Re: A question about

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
You should use the deploy plugin to do it:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html
Hand based manipulations are forbidden on local and remote repositories !!!!

Jeff

RE: A question about

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.

[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html

A question about

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 5, 2008 10:46 AM, Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I am going to use the archiva. But the archiva 1.0 needs jdk 1.5. That means I have to set the JAVA_HOME to point to the jdk 1.5. But many of my programms use jdk 1.4 and I can't change the JAVA_HOME to point to the jdk 1.4
>
>   Any sujestion?

I do not really see the problem. You will have one archiva instance
for the whole team that runs under a different account on the server.
Its easy to setup JAVA_HOME differently on the server and on the
developer machines. Even if you share a machine, the environment
variables can be set up per account or a little shell wrapper can do
the trick.

RE: A question about using Mirrors for Repositories

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

  I've installed the Archiba both in office and at home. When I run at home, everything is OK. When I do the same in office, I still have problem by downloading the "http://sap-dev:8080/archiva/repository/internal/org/apache/maven/archetype/maven-archetype/1.0-alpha-7/maven-archetype-1.0-alpha-7.pom" though I can access this file with the browser.

  The mirror in my "settings.xml" looks as follow:
  <mirror>
  <id>MyMirrorId</id>
  <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
  <name>Dependencies for DKV Projects</name>
  <url>http://sap-dev:8080/archiva/repository/internal</url>
  </mirror>

  Here is the error message:

  E:\Projekte>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=Test
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
Downloading: http://sap-dev:8080/archiva/repository/internal/org/apache/maven/archetype/maven-archetype/1.0-alpha-7/maven-archetype-1.0-alpha-7.pom
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
  GroupId: org.apache.maven.archetype
ArtifactId: maven-archetype
Version: 1.0-alpha-7
    org.apache.maven.archetype:maven-archetype:pom:1.0-alpha-7
  from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jan 09 13:05:50 CET 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
  E:\Projekte>

  **********************

  How did the artifacts get at your remote repository. (Your server). Do
 you use a maven mirror/proxy, like archiva or artifactory or are you
 using a local repository on the server. (Which is populated by running
 mvn commands on the server)

If you use the second, it is not a real remote repository and then you
 notice things like this. (Also not updating of snapshots on your own
 local repository).

Please take a look at archiva or artifactory for your remote
 repository. It is much easier in use then a remote "local repository".

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

The mirror is the repository on the remote server machine. What
 metadata files should I use?

  From this mirror I can download all the jars except those of
 "org\apache\maven\plugins".

  ********************************

---------------------------------
Ihre erste Baustelle? Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker.

RE: A question about using Mirrors for Repositories

The mirror is the repository on the remote server machine. What
metadata files should I use?

  From this mirror I can download all the jars except those of
"org\apache\maven\plugins".

  ********************************

---------------------------------

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.

  *************************
The mirror is the repository on the remote server machine. What
 metadata files should I use?

  From this mirror I can download all the jars except those of
 "org\apache\maven\plugins".

---------------------------------
[...]

  From this mirror I can download all the jars except those of "org\apache\maven\plugins".

  ********************************

---------------------------------

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
The mirror is the repository on the remote server machine. What metadata files should I use?

  From this mirror I can download all the jars except those of "org\apache\maven\plugins".

  ********************************

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.

RE: How do I deploy my jar in my remote repository?

Posted by Matthew Tordoff <ma...@markit.com>.
mvn deploy

:)

  I try to deploy my jar in remote server according to http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How_do_I_deploy_my_jar_in_my_remote_repository. But I couldn't find the mvn command to do this.

  Someone knows?

  Thomas

---------------------------------
Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.

The content of this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient and may not be disclosed, copied or distributed. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44 20 7260 2000, delete it and do not disclose its contents to any person. You should take full responsibility for checking this email for viruses. Markit reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its network.
Markit and its affiliated companies make no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this message and hereby exclude any liability of any kind for the information contained herein. Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Markit.
For full details about Markit, its offerings and legal terms and conditions, please see Markit's website at http://www.markit.com <http://www.markit.com/> .

RE: How do I deploy my jar in my remote repository?

Posted by Matthew Tordoff <ma...@markit.com>.
What is your setup? Have you recently changed your proxy settings? Has this problem only just started appearing or have you had it for a long time? Do the other mvn build phases work (install, etc)?

Have you got your repositories set up ok?

Should be something like the following... (if you are using a proxy)

#     <repositories>
#         <repository>
#             <id>central</id>
#             <name>MyCompany Central Repository</name>
#             <url>http://maven-repos:9999/repository</url>
#             <snapshots>
#                 <enabled>true</enabled>
#             </snapshots>
#             <releases>
#                 <enabled>true</enabled>
#             </releases>
#         </repository>
#     </repositories>
#     <pluginRepositories>
#         <pluginRepository>
#             <id>central</id>
#             <name>MyCompany Central Repository</name>
#             <url>http://maven-repos:9999/repository</url>
#         </pluginRepository>
#     </pluginRepositories>
#   <build>