Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Nicolò Boschi <bo...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/01 12:41:06 UTC

BookKeeper 4.14.5 - drop Log4J and move to Reload4J?

Hi all,
A couple of months ago we removed the usage of Log4J in favor of Log4J2 (
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2816).
These changes have only been done for the master branch (and actually
4.15.0)

We're still bundling Log4J for the 4.14 line.
I propose to move to Reload4J (https://reload4j.qos.ch/) because it is
maintained and it offers the easiest migration path from Log4J.

I'd like to do that before releasing 4.14.5
I already sent a pull and I verified that it works correctly
Pull: https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/3167

Please review and discuss it.

Nicolò Boschi

Re: BookKeeper 4.14.5 - drop Log4J and move to Reload4J?

Posted by ZhangJian He <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 agree with Nicolò

Thanks
ZhangJian He