Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mikael <mi...@telia.com> on 2017/11/27 11:44:21 UTC

Service deployment

Hi!

I have a number of services running (cluster singeltons) and each node
has java code to start them up (they are configured from information in
a database), so each node tries to start the services when they are
started, should I check if the service is already running or something
or will the service deploy method handle all that for me when a number
of nodes are started and they all try to deploy the same services.

Mikael

Re: Service deployment

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikael!

You don't need to check whether a service is already deployed.
Ignite will handle such collisions, but only if you don't try to deploy the
same service multiple times with different configurations. Otherwise you
will get an exception.
If configurations match, then consecutive deployments won't take effect,
and service will continue its work.

Denis