Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alberto Cordioli <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/22 15:22:41 UTC

Old vs New API

Hi all,

I am using last stable Hadoop version (1.0.3) and I am implementing
right now my first MR jobs.
I read about the presence of 2 API: the old and the new one. I read
some stuff about them, but I am not able to find quite fresh news.
I read that the old api was deprecated, but in my version they do not
seem to. Moreover the new api does not have all the features
implemented (see for example the package contrib with its classes to
do joins).

I found this post on the ML:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-user/201002.mbox/%3Ca6906bde1002230730s24d6092av1e57b46bad8065f2@mail.gmail.com%3E>
but it is very old (2010) and I think that further changes have been
made meanwhile.

My question is: does make sense to use the new api, instead of the old
one? Does this new version providing other functionalities with
respect to the older one?
Or, given the slow progress in implementation, is better to use the old api?

Thanks.

Re: Old vs New API

Posted by Alberto Cordioli <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,