Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 20:53:34 UTC

multithreaded acces to SimpleDateFormat

ObjectUtils has static fields with SimpleDateFormat but as
SimpleDateFormat is not thread safe this is looking for trouble!

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;jsessionid=19a0c46af2fec6f7d2c4cd3c3757?bug_id=4264153
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

Is it ok if I remove them and instantiate formats where needed? or
does anybody see a better solution?

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: SimpleDateFormat and more

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Beginning of march sounds good, extra (integration) examples are great
to get people going with the project!

I'll probably need some time for the release as we'll probably need to
have a look at what the dist file should look like now we are using
maven. Right now it looks like the dist file from apache wicket.

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Hi Francis,

AW: multithreaded acces to SimpleDateFormat

Posted by Jörg Reiher <re...@esteam.de>.
Hi,