Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/07/06 11:13:22 UTC

ServiceMix without JDK

Hi

Temporarily i dont have jdk inmy system and also i dont have admin rights to
set system variables.

I can only set user variable.

Can i start fuse4.4 with this alone. by editing some files.

Help me out

Cheers
Guru

-----
Cheers
 Guru

Re: ServiceMix without JDK

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Usually a JRE should be sufficient enough till you need to compile
stuff at runtime. E.g. JSPs and so forth.
To work around that you might consider using the jdt-compiler of
eclipse and put it in your boot classloader somewhere,
haven't tried this with ServiceMix though.
This is the only thing that comes to my mind right now.

Regards, Achim

2011/7/6 Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>:

> Hi Jean,
>

> I cannot install JDK now due to some reasons. Can i do it with JRE. i get
> like some jvm.dll is missing
>

> -----
> Cheers
>  Guru

*Achim Nierbeck*

Committer & Project Lead

Re: ServiceMix without JDK

Re: ServiceMix without JDK

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Guru,

ServiceMix is a Java application, it means that you need a JDK or JRE to
be able to run ServiceMix.

Anyway, you can install the JDK where you want (a directory where you
have the permission to do it) and define the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Regards
JB

On 07/06/2011 11:13 AM, Gnanaguru S wrote:
> Hi
>
> Temporarily i dont have jdk inmy system and also i dont have admin rights to
> set system variables.
>
> I can only set user variable.
>
> Can i start fuse4.4 with this alone. by editing some files.
>

> Help me out
>
> Cheers
> Guru
>
> -----