Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Justin Johnson <ju...@fastmail.fm> on 2004/03/10 20:38:47 UTC

Apache configure not finding Berkeley DB

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Apache 2.0.48 on Solaris 8.  First I compiled
db-4.2.52 and installed it in /opt/db4.  Then I configured Apache as
follows:

$ env CC=/opt/gcc/bin/gcc ./configure --with-berkeley-db=/opt/db4
--with-dbm=db4 --prefix=/opt/apache2
[.....]
checking for db.h... yes
checking for db... no
configure: error: Berkeley db4 not found
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

I tried installing db4 in /usr/local to see if it would find it
automatically, but got the same error.  Also tried setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/db4/lib with no success.

I saw http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svnusers/archive-2003-11/0503.shtml
which seemed similar to my problem, but the solution doesn't seem to be
working.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Your help is appreciated.
-Justin

Re: Apache configure not finding Berkeley DB

Posted by Justin Johnson <ju...@fastmail.fm>.
I found the solution to the problem by reading the post at
http://www.mail-archive.com/php-install@lists.php.net/msg11009.html.  The
error I received in apr-util's config.log is:

configure:14697: ./conftest
ld.so.1: ./conftest: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or
directory
/home/svn/download/svn/httpd-2.0.48/srclib/apr-util/configure: line 1:
5531 Killed                  ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:14700: $? = 137
configure: program exited with status 137
configure: failed program was:

There were other errors as well (see config.log in previous post), but
this is the one I looked up.  In the end the solution I used was to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/gcc/gcc3.2.1/lib and rerun configure for all of
apache.  No errors were encountered after that.

Thanks all.
-Justin

Posted by Justin Johnson <ju...@fastmail.fm>.
Whoops.  Here it is.

Posted by "Andrew A. Raines" <aa...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Justin Johnson <ju...@fastmail.fm>.
The config.log file is attached.  I didn't see any specific command that
caused the error, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks.
-Justin

Posted by "Andrew A. Raines" <aa...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Lawrence Kesteloot <lk...@teamten.com>.

Justin Johnson wrote:
> I tried installing db4 in /usr/local to see if it would find it
> automatically, but got the same error.  Also tried setting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/db4/lib with no success.

I had the same problems.  I ended up installing db4 into /usr/lib, which
worked.

Lawrence

Re: Apache configure not finding Berkeley DB

Posted by Gavin Kistner <ga...@refinery.com>.
On Mar 10, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Justin Johnson wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Apache 2.0.48 on Solaris 8.  First I compiled
> db-4.2.52 and installed it in /opt/db4.  Then I configured Apache as
> follows:
>  saw http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svnusers/archive-2003-11/0503.shtml
> which seemed similar to my problem, but the solution doesn't seem to be
> working.

I recently got it working myself. See:

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=7564