Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Juan Algaba <ja...@colef.mx> on 2023/06/30 17:51:56 UTC

Getting javadoc to work for netbean modules

Hi, I'm developing a plugin using NB 17 and can't get javadoc to work for
netbean module related classes,

Tried setting the javadoc to
https://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-netbeans-modules-projectuiapi/
when offered trough the dialog window, it didn't work and doesn't offer me
to edit the url anymore, Where can I remove or edit the URL?

[image: image.png]

Tried setting the source jar, but still shows as compiled code
[image: image.png]

Tried "requesting the NetBeans API Documentation module" according to the
following link, but I don't think those instructions are updated for modern
netbeans
https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/DevFaqGeneralWhereIsJavadoc.html

--

- Juan Algaba

Re: Getting javadoc to work for netbean modules

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net.INVALID>.
Hi Juan,

## For Ant based NBP projects:

You should take a look at the "Tools/NetBeans Platforms..." in the
NetBeans menu. That will show the NetBeans Platform Manager dialog.

In that dialog you can set the location of the NetBeans sources in the
"Sources" tab. As in all Apache projects, NetBeans sources are always
released as a zip file [1].

You also have a "Javadoc" tab to select a zip file with NetBeans
Javadoc, but I'm afraid that we don't create a public .zip file with all
Javadoc versions available at [2]. Anyway having the "Sources" tab in
place should show good enough information.

## For Maven based NBP projects:

I think this should work as in all Maven projects, i.e., you have the
option to download sources for any dependency: just right-click on it
and choose "Download source". Again I don't think we build .zip files
with Javadoc for NetBeans modules.

Hope this helps,
Antonio

[1]
https://netbeans.apache.org/download/

[2]
http://bits.netbeans.org/

Posted by Juan Algaba <ja...@colef.mx>.
Ant, but willing to move to maven if that helps the situation in any way.

>doesn't offer me to edit the url anymore, Where can I remove or edit the
URL?
Also I'm looking for any clues on how to do this in general, not just NB
module projects.

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net.INVALID>.
Hola Juan,