Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Craig Gaffney <ga...@rinstrum.com> on 2004/06/22 03:35:42 UTC

Manually downloading JAR files

G'Day all,
	I am trying to use Maven with a few example projects (Torque),
and it cannot find two(2) jar files (jdni-1.2.1.jar & jdbc-2.0.jar), and
suggests downloading them. I have downloaded both jar files, but I am
not sure how to put them into the local repository so that they will be
found during a site:generate.

	I have looked through email list archives, web-pages, wiki,
google, etc, and I have not been able to find out how to do this. Is
there a reference somewhere that I have missed? Or can someone give me a
helping hand?

	Thanking you for your assistance,

Craig Gaffney
PC Applications Developer
Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
Email:  gaffney@rinstrum.com
Web:    www.rinstrum.com

RE: Manually downloading JAR files

> 	I am trying to use Maven with a few example projects (Torque),
and it
> cannot find two(2) jar files (jdni-1.2.1.jar & jdbc-2.0.jar), and
> suggests downloading them. I have downloaded both jar files, but I am
> not sure how to put them into the local repository so that they will
> be found during a site:generate.
>
> 	I have looked through email list archives, web-pages, wiki,
google,
> etc, and I have not been able to find out how to do this. Is there a
> reference somewhere that I have missed? Or can someone give me a
> helping hand?

For your jdbc example, you should try putting it in

<repo>/
     jdbc/
         jdbc/
             jars/
                  jdbc-2.0.jar

The repo generally follows the format of:

<repo>/
     ${groupId}/
         ${artifactId}/
             jars/
                 ${artifactId}-${version}.jar

This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System. http://www.nod32.com

Re: Manually downloading JAR files

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@stabilia.com>.
See:
http://www.apache.org/~aheritier/maven/theme/reference/user-guide.html#Overriding_Stated_Dependencies

This does not always work as some plugins seem to ignore it, however
this combined with some preGoals that copy the lib into the repository
proper ensure it always works. I typically keep my libs that have no
repository in src/libs and copy them from there.

- Brill Pappin

Craig Gaffney wrote:

>G'Day Dion,
>	Here is the "screen print"
>
>### Start of Command Line sample ###
>C:\projects\apache\jakarta-turbine-torque>maven site:generate
> __  __
>|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
>| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
>|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc3
>
>Attempting to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
>WARNING: Failed to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
>Attempting to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.
>WARNING: Failed to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.
>The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
>dependencies:
>
>jdbc-2.0.jar (try downloading from
>http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.ht
>ml#spec)
>jndi-1.2.1.jar (try downloading from http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/)
>
>Total time: 3 seconds
>Finished at: Tue Jun 22 14:56:39 GMT+10:00 2004
>
>C:\projects\apache\jakarta-turbine-torque>
>### End of Command Line sample ###
>

>	Thanks again for you help,
>

>Craig Gaffney
>PC Applications Developer
>Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
>41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
>Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
>Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
>Email:  gaffney@rinstrum.com
>Web:    www.rinstrum.com

"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
                                                  - Arthur C Anticlarke

Re: Werkz stack traces are detrimental.

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
One way to get a stack trace is to create some malformed XML. For
example, turn this:

  <j:set var="foo" value="bar"/>

into:

  <j:set var="foo" value="bar">

without the ending slash. Or embed a less-than or greater-than sign in
a string, rather than the appropriate XML entity. Both will throw a
SAXParseException with stack trace. The error message printed at the
top of the stack trace is pretty self explanatory in finding the
problem.

  Jeff

mailto:jeff@frenches.org

Re: Werkz stack traces are detrimental.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@stabilia.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Brill,

Posted by YKonuslu <yk...@aselsan.com.tr>.
Hi,
try this. Insert/Update in the file build.properties the property
maven.repo.remote="directory to your jar files"

Best Regards
Yagmur Konuslu

> C:\projects\apache\jakarta-turbine-torque>maven site:generate
>  __  __
> |  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
> | |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
> |_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc3
>
> Attempting to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
> Attempting to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.
> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
> dependencies:
>
> jdbc-2.0.jar (try downloading from
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.ht
> ml#spec)
> jndi-1.2.1.jar (try downloading from http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/)
>
> Total time: 3 seconds
> Finished at: Tue Jun 22 14:56:39 GMT+10:00 2004
>
> C:\projects\apache\jakarta-turbine-torque>
> ### End of Command Line sample ###
>

> Thanks again for you help,
>

> Craig Gaffney
> PC Applications Developer
> Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
> 41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
> Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
> Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
> Email:  gaffney@rinstrum.com
> Web:    www.rinstrum.com

################################################################################################
Dikkat:

Bu elektronik posta mesaji kisisel ve ozeldir. Eger size gonderilmediyse lutfen gondericiyi
bilgilendirip mesaji siliniz. Firmamiza gelen ve giden mesajlar virus taramasindan gecirilmekte,
guvenlik nedeni ile kontrol edilerek saklanmaktadir. Mesajdaki gorusler ve bakis acisi
gondericiye ait olup Aselsan A.S. resmi gorusu olmak zorunda degildir.

################################################################################################
Attention:

This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete the message and notify the sender. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for
operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.

RE: Manually downloading JAR files

Posted by Craig Gaffney <ga...@rinstrum.com>.
G'Day Dion,

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Gaffney <ga...@rinstrum.com>.
G'Day Dion,
	Here's the relevant section of the project.xml file within the
Apache Torque download I am using for my first maven experiment, which
is actually suggested on the Maven - Using Maven page.

    <dependency>
      <id>jdbc</id>
      <version>2.0</version>
      <url>http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#spec</url>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <id>jndi</id>
      <version>1.2.1</version>
      <url>http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/</url>
    </dependency>

	So, how would I determine where to place the files if there is
no <groupid> tag?

	Thanking you for your help,

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.