Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Rajat Sharma <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/01 16:56:51 UTC

Re: Problem with HTMLLayout (log file attached)

Hi

Sorry about that... The log files are 10MB each, so I'm attaching a part of the log file that shows the formatting problem. This problem is occuring in all of the log files (there are 5 separate logs being created). Could this occur due to the fact that I have set the Append value to 'true' and there's some problem when the application is restarted and the old log file is still there? I tried testing that on my box, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. This is seemingly happening at random, but I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rajat.

Ceki G�lc� <ce...@qos.ch> wrote:
Can you include the resulting HTML file?

Please do not send HTML-stylized text to this mailing lists.

--
Ceki G�lc�

import org.apache.Facetime;
ApacheCon US 2003, 18-21 November http://apachecon.com/

Re: Problem with HTMLLayout (log file attached)

Posted by Rajat Sharma <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

The problem is that closing tags for 'body' and 'html' are being placed in the middle of the file. Therefore, all events logged after that are unformatted. I can't figure out why these tags are coming in.

thanks
Rajat.

Ceki G�lc� <ce...@qos.ch> wrote:

The file did not go through. The log4j-user mailing list filters out
certain file types and has a size limit of 100KB.

Maybe the table is not properly formatted? Look at the HTML file at the
spot where things start to go wrong.

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.