Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Alan Cliffe <dr...@sbcglobal.net> on 2013/03/14 02:39:07 UTC

spell check

--- On Wed, 3/13/13, Alan Cliffe <dr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Alan Cliffe <dr...@sbcglobal.net>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 9:09 PM

The spell check feature in my copy of AOO has stopped working. If I click the autospellcheck icon, with the squiggly red line, it underlines every word of my text as a misspelling. If I click the Spelling and Grammar icon, with the blue check mark, it just shows the first word of a sentence in red and says the word is not in the dictionary. It doesn't matter what word it is; it does it for very common words such as “if” or “and.” Any ideas?

Re: spell check

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 01:39:07 -0000, Alan Cliffe
<dr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The spell check feature in my copy of AOO has stopped working. If I
> click the autospellcheck icon, with the squiggly red line, it underlines
> every word of my text as a misspelling. If I click the Spelling and
> Grammar icon, with the blue check mark, it just shows the first word of
> a sentence in red and says the word is not in the dictionary. It doesn't
> matter what word it is; it does it for very common words such as “if” or
> “and.” Any ideas?

you should probably reset your user profile, please see
<http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12426>. this is a
known issue to have been fixed in forthcomming openoffice 4.

Re: spell check

Posted by Maciej Jaros <ma...@mol.com.pl>.
Alan Cliffe (2013-03-14 02:39):
> The spell check feature in my copy of AOO has stopped working. If I click the autospellcheck icon, with the squiggly red line, it underlines every word of my text as a misspelling. If I click the Spelling and Grammar icon, with the blue check mark, it just shows the first word of a sentence in red and says the word is not in the dictionary. It doesn't matter what word it is; it does it for very common words such as “if” or “and.” Any ideas?

Check language that is setup for your document or paragraph. Language
for current paragraph should be visible in the status bar.

Regards,
Nux.

Re: spell check

Posted by Robyn Jamison <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Alan,

The first thing I always do when something goes haywire is reboot. Have you rebooted your computer and checked to see if it works again?

Robyn