Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by DeedraF <df...@kpi-consulting.net> on 2010/02/05 20:31:06 UTC

Setting product admin permissions on a store or catalog

I am very new to OFBiz.  My dev team is working through the technical details
and I am trying to handle the more 'front end' setup activities.  Not
finding very many 'exact steps' or documentation to use as a guide, I
thought perhaps someone reading this post could help out??

I have created a store, catalog, products...and would like to now assign
specific permissions accordingly.  I do not want all my ADMINs to have the
same full access to a catalog.  As a matter of fact, I would like to create
a 'Product Admin' allowing that person/group to simply Add, Edit, and Delete
products in a specific store catalog.  Is this a standard feature in OFBiz
that I am just not grasping how to accomplish?  If it is, please provide
steps that might help me accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance for your help with this issue.

Re: Setting product admin permissions on a store or catalog

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Also,
What release and version are we talking about?
TIA
Ruth

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Jacques:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.

From: "Patrick" <pa...@gmail.com>

Posted by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deedra,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.
I will wait to see if the 1st to ask this question will get back to us with some results, or questions...

Jacques

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rh...@aesolves.com>

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Jacques:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.
Ruth,

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rh...@aesolves.com>

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Jacques:

From: "David E Jones" <de...@me.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rh...@aesolves.com>

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Sorry David:

I believe you are correct in that I misunderstood the question. What I
should have said to you is: I have tried adding roles and roletypes to
products, categories and catalogs in both the trunk and version 9.04 and
it does not work or is broken. I don't know which since I'm not 100%
certain how to set this up. I tried several scenarios none of which
work. The best I was able to achieve was controlled access to the
Catalog Manager based on security groups.

Regards,
Ruth

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi David:

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Deedra:
Just a quick note about Security Groups:

OOTB they work to control access to website locations as defined by
URLs. So, when a login attempt occurs or when a user attempts to access
a URL for a given webapp,  OFBiz will check to see if the user has the
proper Security Group associations. If they do, they are allowed access
to that URL or web page.

Bottom-line: I don't think Security Groups is the answer to your
problem. IMO you will need to revisit the role associations as mentioned
in an earlier post.

Hope that helps (vs. making you more confused :-)

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi DeedraF: